2012 was quite an interesting year for me.
- Started out working on a new, exciting project at Relic (rendering)
- Project got cancelled and team was let go in early April
- Interviewed with a bunch of studios in Vancouver
- Rapidly developed and released an eBook app ‘Bunny Thoughts‘ with my wife (her amazing Etsy shop is here)
- Ultimately decided to join Eruptive Games, worked on Citizen Grim until August (actionscript 3, PHP)
- Started working with a personal trainer (Ben Kerswill) and put on some serious muscle
- Left Eruptive to join AC+A, which began with attending Casual Connect Seattle for the first time
- Been developing PlayRank ever since (Objective-C, PHP, SQL)
- Attended and presented at Facebook World HACK Vancouver
- Attended Full Indie and met Noel Llopis in person! (as well as Ryan Vandendyck!)
- Also did some rapid iPad game dev using Scaleform Mobile
- Attended and presented at Iron Hacker Vancouver
- Started this blog!
- Over the course of the year, received over a dozen emails from students asking questions about the game industry. I answered every one I received!
Plus a bunch of other stuff I’m probably forgetting. I’m excited for 2013!
Happy New Year, everyone!