Since January 1st of this year, I’ve been keeping a log of my daily work on Cave Defender. I’m sharing this log on a weekly basis so you can find out how development is going with the game. In the last week I:
- Added wireframe images of the miners to the in-world display. Hooked them up to the actual state of the miners, and posted a screenshot saturday.
- Modeled a new in-world ‘UI display’ for showing current energy, other things I haven’t thought about yet.
- More changes required for those dynamic events to be fully hooked up – looks like they are working! I’m thinking to move on to other tasks now. Did a pass on the energy costs of things, will see how it feels. Posted a photo of old BOB-95 concept art.
- Hooked up some of the dynamic events I took notes on yesterday, first up is when you build one of the newer defenses for the first time, BOB-95 will comment on it. Posted social media post a day late..
- Just took some notes about types of dynamic events I’d like to support.
- More mission 2 timing/movement scripting. Thinking about ‘dynamic event’ support for when things happen – a separate queue for processing before moving on to the normal scripting. Set up a system for this, tomorrow I’ll actually try using it.
- More mission 2 timing/movement scripting.
Media posts this week:
If you’re interested in getting updates on the game, especially when it is released, please sign up at www.cavedefender.com 🙏