Since January 1st of this year, I’ve been keeping a log of my daily work on Cave Defender. I’m sharing this log on a weekly basis so you can find out how development is going with the game. In the last week I:
- Fixed audio with the new Google VR SDK…need to test on device now. Posted screenshot saturday.
- Ugh GoogleVR SDK…slowly upgrading each scene with all the necessary changes. Got to the tutorial, will complete that and then test on devices to be sure before proceeding further.
- Sent the first email to subscribers! Fixed a few more bugs tonight, then started in on on-device testing. Right away there is an Android bug in the GoogleVR SDK (I’m using an old version apparently) and I find a few others mentioning it online, but no fix. The latest version of the SDK diverged heavily so I hope it’s fixed in there? I guess I’ll have to upgrade and migrate…hopefully it won’t take too long.
- Very late night. Fixed the health bar showing up on built defenses…almost done, just need to verify…too tired to continue tonight. Then on-device testing. Then build release…
- Fixed a few bugs. Last thing to fix before getting into on-device testing/bugfixes is the health bar showing up on built defenses. Posted a social media post to promote the upcoming test build.
- Implemented the new standard gaze button across the game.
- Bunch of minor tweaks, in preparation for the upcoming beta build. Also worked on a new standard ‘gaze button’ because I found that the current ones that just fade out don’t really convey what is happening well.
Media posts this week:
If you’re interested in getting updates on the game, especially when it is released, please sign up at www.cavedefender.com 🙏