Since January 1st of this year, I’ve been keeping a log of my daily work on Cave Defender. I’m sharing this log on a weekly basis so you can find out how development is going with the game. In the last week I:
- Posted screenshot saturday. Worked a bit on getting a Go build working from Unity on Windows, and then worked on adding front bay doors to the mission 3 environment.
- Still installing all the required things to get the older version of Unity + Oculus Go stuff working on Windows.
- Installed the version of Unity I use on my Windows machine to see how the Oculus SDK behaves there. Didn’t get far, switched to dialog writing for mission 2’s briefing.
- Took a bit to figure out that none of the Oculus VR stuff will work on Mac, since it depends on some local runtime stuff that is long deprecated. Unfortunate. Prepped a build to test on device, this iteration cycle isn’t going to be so great.
- Attended The Future of XR event, met lots of people. Starting to build the SDK switching functionality to support both GoogleVR (cardboard) and Oculus SDKs…
- Preparing the build to support the Oculus Go.
- Fixed the pause menu buttons not working because…time is paused when you pause the game.
Media posts this week:
If you’re interested in getting updates on the game, especially when it is released, please sign up at www.cavedefender.com 🙏