Since January 1st of this year, I’ve been keeping a log of my daily work on Cave Defender. I’m sharing this log on a weekly basis so you can find out how development is going with the game. In the last week I:
- Updated the first UI (non-VR) to no longer support resuming a saved game, since there in a VR UI for that now. No screenshot saturday, it’s my wedding anniversary 🙂
- Verified a bunch of bugfixes on device, found some new bugs, logged them, fixed some of them.
- Made device builds (I should be doing this more often), started to do the ‘real’ Oculus Go integration, and posted on social media.
- Reviewed the scene flow, found a bug where excessive ‘next scene’ loads were happening – maybe a perf win as a result of fixing it? Started consolidating the ‘paused’ menu design across the game.
- Posted on social media (first non-devlog or screenshot saturday post in a few weeks). Implemented more improvements to endless mode (game over UI, UI to let you know which wave you completed, which one is coming)
- Worked on credits within the new menu scene (I know…) and also reviewed the high level ‘what is left’ list of tasks.
- Made a debug master level select menu, to more easily jump to different spots in the game while on-device.
Media posts this week:
If you’re interested in getting updates on the game, especially when it is released, please sign up at www.cavedefender.com ?