Cave Defender Devlog – Week of December 17, 2018
Since January 1st of this year, I’ve been keeping a log of my daily work on Cave Defender. I’m sharing this log on a weekly basis so you can find out how development is going with the game. In the last week I:
- Made tractor beams not able to target things marked as un-targetable, debris clouds no longer do damage to shields, and explode instead of bouncing off. Also, still sick.
- Defenses no longer target based on lane.
- Tested the debris targeting code. Need to make defenses not lane-specific anymore, and rebalanced based on these changes.
- Still sick. Worked a little more on the debris targeting code.
- Still quite sick. Worked a little bit on debris targeting code. I think I need to make another scope document to get a better sense of what is left, right now it seems like I’ll never ship the game.
- Sick day. Did a tiny bit of design work on debris targeting priorities.
- Stubbed out some code to support recent design decisions. (shield units/additional miners/batteries can attract debris)
No media posts this week.
If you’re interested in getting updates on the game, especially when it is released, please sign up at www.cavedefender.com.
#cave defender #devlog #game development