Since January 1st of this year, I’ve been keeping a log of my daily work on Cave Defender. I’m sharing this log on a weekly basis so you can find out how development is going with the game. In the last week I:
- Did some baked ambient occlusion (blender->texture) for the mission 3 environment (ship hanger) – but the results weren’t what I was looking for, so scrapped it.
- Still sick. Thinking about how to communicate when debris has ‘spawned’. The storyline is that the debris just flies in, and the ‘special debris’ is due to a particular comet (this is still WIP) – so it’s not like they ‘warp in’ out of nowhere. Maybe the more rare extra special types of debris could, but that doesn’t solve the general case. Maybe some sort of in-world-UI indicators? Or a nearby monitor that displays that kind of information in 2D? Hmm…
- Continued scoping/estimates document. Still sick.
- Boxing Day. Continuing scoping/estimates document. Still sick.
- Christmas Day. Continuing scoping/estimates document. Still sick.
- It’s my birthday! Continuing scoping/estimates document. Still sick.
- Started new scoping/estimates document. Instant feeling of anxiety. Still sick.
No media posts this week.
If you’re interested in getting updates on the game, especially when it is released, please sign up at www.cavedefender.com ?