Cave Defender Devlog – Week of December 31, 2018
Since January 1st of 2018, I’ve been keeping a log of my daily work on Cave Defender. I’m sharing this log on a weekly basis so you can find out how development is going with the game. In the last week I:
- Posted screenshot saturday.
- Posted a preview of the weekly task worksheet on social media.
- Made a new task tracking sheet for 2018, with iterations from the daily model that will hopefully work better for me. Goals are to be able to have a day or two off a week while making sure there is consistent meaningful progress. Also need to make a draft budget, revenue forecast and schedule (time to get serious).
- Rethought the daily work approach. I did a lot more work on Cave Defender in the first 4 months of 2018 than the latter 8 (well, visible work) - going to reflect on this and write an article.
- Posted a ‘2019 asteroid’ video to social media.
- Talked about what it will take to get Cave Defender shipped. Decided to ship on Oculus Go first. Much more defined platform than Google Cardboard, and Oculus has been very supportive. Not ruling out Google Cardboard but it’s not like there is a fanbase of mobile VR players waiting for the game anyways. Some more iteration on the mission 3 environment mesh, but I think I need to use the existing one as reference and build a new one, taking a while to tweak the existing one.
Media posts this week:
If you’re interested in getting updates on the game, especially when it is released, please sign up at www.cavedefender.com.
#cave defender #devlog #game development