Cave Defender Devlog – Week of February 19, 2018
Since January 1st of this year, I’ve been keeping a log of my daily work on Cave Defender. I’m sharing this log on a weekly basis so you can find out how development is going with the game. In the last week I:
- Not a lot of progress this week overall, missed the Thursday social media post and #screenshotsaturday turned into a late #screenshotsunday (see bottom of post). Tough to get things done with some sort of viral infection..
- Tried to get input to work properly in the game scene.. the mix of things I’m doing there appears to have various issues with the Oculus Unity SDK. Made a small change to their code and now it’s working.
- Tried to get Rift gaze to work in the game scene, tiny bit of progress but the menu isn’t coming up :/ Briefing screen is working.
- Experimenting with Rift support..
- Got sick 🙁 (some virus)
- Hooked up the triggering of the teleporters flying in to the animation system.
- Prepped social media post for today (the t-shirt!)
- Got all the latest dialog in-game now (timing and animations are all off though)
- Roughly implementing the new tutorial dialog…it’s a lot more than before. Got about 2/3rds done.
- Still need to design/explain how ‘energy’ works…part of that reminds me I need to update the teleporter UI to better indicate what is available and why. Also added a tweak so when there is only a single teleporter active, it’s ‘top’ mesh is enabled to make it stand out.
- Marking up the dialog to see roughly how long the tutorial takes to go through. Also I added functionality to ‘pause’ the overall animation, while waiting for the player to take action.
Media posts this week:
If you’re interested in getting updates on the game, especially when it is released, please sign up at www.cavedefender.com.
#cave defender #devlog #game development