Cave Defender Devlog - Week of January 22, 2018
Since January 1st of this year, I’ve been keeping a log of my daily work on Cave Defender. I’m sharing this log on a weekly basis so you can find out how development is going with the game.
- Worked on texturing the scout ship. Not liking how it is turning out…but then again I have no real plan here, so not sure why I am expecting a different outcome.
- Took a screenshot for #screenshotsaturday
- Completed first pass of model for enemy ‘scout’ ship.
- Busy day so just got some initial concept sketches done of the various enemy ships.
- Wrote up a social media post for today about BOB-95.
- Made a BounceUV script to get BOB-95’s eyes moving…I think he needs one more dimension of expression. And I need easing on these bouncing tools.
- Doing some fish/sea life image research for the enemy ships.
- Working on teleportation fade in/out - took 13m just to understand what is going on.
- Ended up fixing the fullscreen fader on the calibration screen anyways.
- Worked on marketing plans, posting steps and schedule.
- Unity is busted because I updated to macOS High Sierra. Downloading the ‘update’ now. (it re-downloads everything)
- Got the above working again, lighting changed a little.
- Add blacked background mesh to BOB-95 speech display.
- Added to TODO list and wrote a first pass of the tutorial dialog.
If you’re interested in getting updates on the game, especially when it is released, please sign up at www.cavedefender.com..
#cave defender #devlog #game development