Cave Defender Devlog – Week of July 16, 2018
Since January 1st of this year, I’ve been keeping a log of my daily work on Cave Defender. I’m sharing this log on a weekly basis so you can find out how development is going with the game. In the last week I:
- Continued work on endless mode. Posted screenshot saturday.
- More work on endless mode, found some issues with enemy meshes.
- More progress on the endless mode code. Was scheduled to post to social media, but I couldn’t think of what to post. Lots of non-visual work recently, and I’ve already been pushing it with the not-actual-game-content posts. Ah, well.
- More design work for endless mode, and the start of code work for it.
- Rendered a wireframe image of the battery structure for the in-world UI (health display). Posted to social media.
- More iteration on the briefing narrative, mission 3 narrative, and fixing up some issues with the batteries in mission 3 and the endless environment.
- Updated planning docs. Started high level narrative design for the briefing between mission 1 and 2.
Media posts this week:
If you’re interested in getting updates on the game, especially when it is released, please sign up at www.cavedefender.com.
#cave defender #devlog #game development