Since January 1st of this year, I’ve been keeping a log of my daily work on Cave Defender. I’m sharing this log on a weekly basis so you can find out how development is going with the game. In the last week I:
- Worked on the mission 3 environment (ship interior) mesh in order to have something new to show for screenshot saturday. Ran into a bunch of issues, and even issues recording a short video clip to post. Ended up posting a wireframe shot instead…these things happen.
- Implemented BOB-95 movement and dialog timing for the first part of mission 1.
- Finished up the last of the new features mission 1 required. Now to review the dialog, get BOB-95 moving around, and update the waves for variety and length. Posted to social media.
- Yet more mission 1 implementation, support for waves that can end sooner than normal. (sooner than the entire wave being destroyed, which is the behaviour in the majority of the game)
- More mission 1 implementation, more debug feature enhancement. Today’s enhancement was ‘total playtime’ estimation now including how long it takes for a wave to have completely been spawned. Posted to social media.
- Fixed the debug feature I was trying to add last night.
- Posted a special Canada Day image to social media. More work on mission 1, custom code to track some special case stuff. Started adding some more debug/developer workflow functionality to the scripting system, for faster testing. It isn’t working as intended yet.
Media posts this week:
If you’re interested in getting updates on the game, especially when it is released, please sign up at www.cavedefender.com 🙏