Since January 1st of this year, I’ve been keeping a log of my daily work on Cave Defender. I’m sharing this log on a weekly basis so you can find out how development is going with the game. In the last week I:
- Worked more on the menu scene, posted screenshot saturday.
- Started working on a new scene as a ‘main menu’ kind of thing.
- Figured out the bug – an object was being recreated often, not sure how I didn’t notice it before.
- Debugging why waves were starting immediately after the prior one ended. For some reason a time variable is being reset to zero, which is the culprit..but I can’t figure out where that is happening. No variable change breakpoint feature in the debugger…
- Got BOB-95 moving around, and out of the way during the setup phase.
- More endless mode work – got some UI text display telling you what is going on. Also working on timing between waves. To fix: time between subsequent waves (and only ending a wave when you’ve destroyed them all, not when they have all spawned) and also move BOB-95 out of the way of building defenses.
- Hooked up an in-world button to BOB-95 so you can tell him when you’re ready to begin endless mode.
Media posts this week:
If you’re interested in getting updates on the game, especially when it is released, please sign up at www.cavedefender.com ?