Since January 1st of this year, I’ve been keeping a log of my daily work on Cave Defender. I’m sharing this log on a weekly basis so you can find out how development is going with the game. In the last week I:
- Posted screenshot saturday. Added the batteries to the WIP endless level, fixed up some issues with them in the mission 3 level as well.
- More iteration on the battery texture.
- Posted on social media. Got an initial texture set up for the battery – still not happy with it, will have to brainstorm more ways to make it interesting. Will try animating the ‘core’ as well..
- Finally made a ‘battery’ model – for endless mode and other missions where you aren’t defending miners. Put them into mission 3.
- Posted on social media. First pass complete – designed the last wave of debris, and fixed an issue where the dynamic ‘your stuff is under attack’-type events were not being turned off properly during the end sequence.
- More mission 1 scripting, did a quick playthrough, more waves designed. Almost done with the first pass of this mission.
- Added functionality to enabled/disable the miner animations, since the narrative called for them to not be active as soon as a mission starts. More mission 1 timing, designed the second debris wave for it too. Also did some teleporter platform layout tweaks for mission 3.
Media posts this week:
If you’re interested in getting updates on the game, especially when it is released, please sign up at www.cavedefender.com 🙏