Cave Defender Devlog – Week of June 17, 2019
Since January 1st of 2018, I’ve been keeping a log of my daily work on Cave Defender. I’m sharing this log on a weekly basis so you can find out how development is going with the game. In the last week I:
- Missed 2 weeks of devlog posts because there was no progress. Also got sick. Back at it this week.
- Thanks to the new subscribers who signed up for the Cave Defender email list! I’m hoping to have some exciting announcements there soon.
- Posted screenshot sunday.
- Wrote out a page of notes about how to add more gameplay depth, interesting choices to make and strategies to use. For a while I have been stuck on how to add more depth, and always thinking that meant I had to add more places to build defenses. But this means you have to be further from them, and due to the player perspective, you have to be higher so there is enough room to interact with them. Even now I struggle with overlapping issues. Now I think I will add more variety and upgrade paths to have depth with fewer built defenses.
- Updated from Unity 2017.4.27f1 to 2017.4.29f1. Started refactoring the panel UI code and hooking up the narrative dialog system to it.
Media posts this week:
If you’re interested in getting updates on the game, especially when it is released, please sign up at www.cavedefender.com.
#cave defender #devlog #game development