Since January 1st of this year, I’ve been keeping a log of my daily work on Cave Defender. I’m sharing this log on a weekly basis so you can find out how development is going with the game. In the last week I:
- Posted screenshot saturday. Iteration on the large enemy ship mesh.
- Ok, finally got some input working, now onto the canvas input!
- Got a ‘laser’ rendering from the controller, but tried for almost an hour to get input responding from it, not working yet. Will have to review more Oculus samples, seems like they have older blog posts that are out of date.. Posted social media post.
- Finally got the camera working with the Go – had to remove Cardboard support from the platform-specific settings, hmm. Seems about time to write some editor scripts or something else to automate switching platforms/SDKs. Found some Oculus blog posts about getting the controller pointer input working.
- Posted social media post (finally announced #OculusStart participation) Installed and got familiar with the Oculus Unity integration. Didn’t get very far, took forever to import assets, switched to Android platform, and there is no in-editor previewing so going through the steps to deploy to device. Seems like there is some problem with the oculus SDK stuff available from the Unity Asset Store (likely out of date) – going to try removing and installing the tools right from the Oculus dev site directly (tomorrow)
- Iteration on the endless mode scene. Starting exploratory work to support a new VR headset..
- Implemented scripted energy recharge enable/disable, and implemented its usage in the tutorial mission, while on a Greyhound bus.
Media posts this week:
If you’re interested in getting updates on the game, especially when it is released, please sign up at www.cavedefender.com ?