Cave Defender Devlog – Week of June 25, 2018
Since January 1st of this year, I’ve been keeping a log of my daily work on Cave Defender. I’m sharing this log on a weekly basis so you can find out how development is going with the game. In the last week I:
- Set the normal map for mission 1’s environment to PVRTC, since ETC1 and 2 looked really bad. It’s still not great, but I’ll have to see about ASTC support since that looks much better. Posted screenshot saturday. More work on mission 1 wave config, dialog, etc.
- Continued more mission 1 implementation. Setting up some waves, more dialog timing.
- Posted on social media. More mission 1 implementation - set up the allowed defenses, BOB-95 dialog and timing for the beginning.
- Started implementing mission 1.
- Sett up more text to be in external files. Still thinking about the best way to do that for scripted text, since it’s very useful to refer to specific strings in code. Technically the text is separate and in a text file (string array in code) so might punt that a little longer. Posted on social media.
- Quick first pass at reading external text files for game dialog.
- Added a way for the scripting system to set your current energy amount. Reviewed the planning trello board.
Media posts this week:
If you’re interested in getting updates on the game, especially when it is released, please sign up at www.cavedefender.com.
#cave defender #devlog #game development