Since January 1st of this year, I’ve been keeping a log of my daily work on Cave Defender. I’m sharing this log on a weekly basis so you can find out how development is going with the game. In the last week I:
- Posted screenshot saturday. Started on ‘endless mode’ level environment geometry.
- More bug fixes to the tutorial, making BOB-95’s text not block you as much.
- Realized that the endless mode is probably the best way to quickly demo the game to people. Even though I’ve been bouncing around different tasks, I’m going to prioritize that one so I can maximize in-person demo time. More bug fixes tonight. Social media post.
- Mission 3 BOB-95 dialog first pass. Realized I need to do another pass on the enemy visuals, as well as add one or two more enemy types. Did another play through on device in part the of game, confirms some bugs fixed, logged a bunch of new ones.
- Mission 1 BOB-95 dialog first pass. Social media post.
- Tried to take some screenshots – turns out the 360 capture doesn’t render UI masks properly, had to work around for one of the shots.
- More press kit research. Fixed some more bugs related to interacting with objects far away (mostly to do with text being too small to read)
Media posts this week:
If you’re interested in getting updates on the game, especially when it is released, please sign up at www.cavedefender.com ?