Cave Defender Devlog – Week of May 21, 2018
Since January 1st of this year, I’ve been keeping a log of my daily work on Cave Defender. I’m sharing this log on a weekly basis so you can find out how development is going with the game. In the last week I:
- Posted screenshot saturday. More iterations on the new environment for mission 3.
- Organized the ‘non-VR’ work into a separate branch. Fixed a bunch of bugs discovered during playtests.
- Posted social media post. Experimented with ‘non-VR’ input (touch)
- Started narrative design for missions 1 and 3.
- Worked on the environment for mission 3.
- Reviewing current bug list, and starting planning documents for the content of the rest of the game.
- Sorted out an issue with Google Play test invites (thanks @orbitalnine!). Posted devlog. Second playtest with my wife, logged more bugs to fix. Fixed a bug I recently introduced with teleporter UI opening/closing. Still a long-standing bug to fix in that area.
Media posts this week:
If you’re interested in getting updates on the game, especially when it is released, please sign up at www.cavedefender.com.
#cave defender #devlog #game development