Since January 1st of this year, I’ve been keeping a log of my daily work on Cave Defender. I’m sharing this log on a weekly basis so you can find out how development is going with the game. In the last week I:
- Posted screenshot saturday. More iteration on the tractor beam defense mesh and behaviour.
- First pass at basic tractor beam logic (implemented simple modifier system)
- Transcribed some of the recent feedback into Trello tasks.
- Got a tractor beam defense spawning in game.
- Feedback from a play session: have a countdown timer – basically indicate how long are you expected to be defending a mine? Maybe too many defense teleporters? Need to start a feedback doc, or maybe just a column in Trello. Worked on the tractor beam logic.
- Applied the health UI changes to the miners.
Media posts this week:
If you’re interested in getting updates on the game, especially when it is released, please sign up at www.cavedefender.com 🙏