Since January 1st of this year, I’ve been keeping a log of my daily work on Cave Defender. I’m sharing this log on a weekly basis so you can find out how development is going with the game. In the last week I:
- Another playtest which found a new bug I must have introduced. I confirmed that it exists in the editor.
- Discussion with a friend who is doing some (amazing) concept art for one of the environments!
- Made a new type of debris that emits an energy field that causes damage to defenses (AOE). Also thinking about changing the resource pricing structure to be multiples of 25 instead of 10, 12, etc.
- Reviewed gameplay design, light analysis of other tower defense games I’ve played over the years.
- Some concept art drawing for a few redesigns, planned out next tasks.
- Tried out a less-wide version of the briefing text, need to test on device. The goal is to reduce the need to move your head while reading the text.
- Thought about how the miners should visually communicate their progress. Tried out a new camera position, battery scale and position of the information display panel.
No media posts this week.
If you’re interested in getting updates on the game, especially when it is released, please sign up at www.cavedefender.com 🙏