Since January 1st of this year, I’ve been keeping a log of my daily work on Cave Defender. I’m sharing this log on a weekly basis so you can find out how development is going with the game. In the last week I:
- Added to my build-switching script the ability to reset define symbols and the VR SDK list. Also 2017.4 LTS works great except it crashes every time I quit. I sent one bug report but haven’t heard back yet. Posted screenshot saturday.
- More lighting baking, planning out next tasks.
- More core gameplay design work and regenerated lighting in another scene that required it.
- More core gameplay design work.
- More design (on paper!) work.
- Planning and a little bit of redesign based on ideas that came out of the Full Indie Summit and Oculus Connect.
- Regenerated some lighting data due to the Unity upgrade (will have to do more). Found out that 360 capture is only available in the Unity Recorder for 2018.1 and later…so I installed the latest stable on my PC (2018.2) and world-space canvas capture (all the UI) doesn’t show up in the 360 shots. It’s fixed in the 2018.3 beta version so I installed that, and verified it works there.
Media posts this week:
If you’re interested in getting updates on the game, especially when it is released, please sign up at www.cavedefender.com 🙏