Since January 1st of this year, I’ve been keeping a log of my daily work on Cave Defender. I’m sharing this log on a weekly basis so you can find out how development is going with the game. In the last week I:
- More iteration on the shield unit model. Posted screenshot saturday.
- Added some basic logic to drive the new shield behaviour.
- Thanks to Unity support for helping me solve the crash-on-quit issue: it turns out it was due to an old VSCode editor ‘plugin’ (was C#) – weird! Anyways I don’t need it to use VS Code as my editor anymore. More work on the new shield unit model.
- Worked on the new shield unit model.
- Played around with the ‘halo’ component in Unity.
- Concept modeling for the ‘tractor beam’ defense.
- A page of concept art sketches for the redesigned defenses and ‘enemies’.
Media posts this week:
If you’re interested in getting updates on the game, especially when it is released, please sign up at www.cavedefender.com 🙏