Since January 1st of this year, I’ve been keeping a log of my daily work on Cave Defender. I’m sharing this log on a weekly basis so you can find out how development is going with the game. In the last week I:
- More planning and design work.
- Planned next steps for implementing and playtesting the new design.
- Moved the gameplay design to a spreadsheet, and continued there.
- Yet more paper gameplay design.
- Rough day so just a bit of paper gameplay design.
- Adjusted text rendering quality (increased) in a few places in the game. Need to do a verification pass to clear out the ‘to QA’ list in Trello.
- Posted devlog. Did some focus testing and found some bugs, got some feedback. Tried to repro reported bug but no luck. Will try some more tomorrow.
You’ll notice that this week I didn’t make a lot of progress. There is a lot of non-Cave Defender stuff going on right now, and I’m also tackling some design issues that are particularly difficult. Most projects tend to have times like this, so I am confident that I’ll be able to push through.
No media posts this week.
If you’re interested in getting updates on the game, especially when it is released, please sign up at www.cavedefender.com 🙏