Since January 1st of this year, I’ve been keeping a log of my daily work on Cave Defender. I’m sharing this log on a weekly basis so you can find out how development is going with the game. In the last week I:
- Big pass of adding support for non-googleVR audio (for the Oculus Go). Also found bugs I thought I fixed in endless mode…so I’ll have to fix those too. Posted to social media about the stickers and ‘business cards’ I printed for Oculus Connect.
- Picked up stickers and business cards!
- Making stickers and business cards for Oculus Connect…
- Started to work on the SFX support for the Go. Made a @CaveDefender twitter account.
- Continued to roll out the working configuration I have for the Go to the endless level, different prefabs, etc. The endless level is playable on the Go now! Next step: getting SFX to work (I am using a GVR-specific component for most SFX, need to toggle something that works on Oculus)
- After more hours, I finally got the Go gaze in Unity canvas objects working. It turns out the canvas sorting priority was lower than the priority of the physics raycasting stuff, and I use a box collider to trigger a canvas (and it overlaps it). Phew.
- Reviewed the press kit stuff, and uploaded! Back to Oculus Go compatibility.
Media posts this week:
If you’re interested in getting updates on the game, especially when it is released, please sign up at www.cavedefender.com ?