Since January 1st of this year, I’ve been keeping a log of my daily work on Cave Defender. I’m sharing this log on a weekly basis so you can find out how development is going with the game. In the last week I:
- Posted screenshot sunday.
- More website work. Missed screenshot saturday.
- More website work.
- Worked on the Cave Defender website again – Hugo is unfortunately a little more complex to use than I was expecting. Why is web stuff always so excessively complicated..
- Got the ‘laser pointer’ working again, then realized that scene recentering didn’t work and it was fixed very recently by Oculus, so upgraded the SDK (which broke the laser pointer again). Also upgrading was oddly problematic, got the C# files updated but the binary plugin release didn’t show up at all until I manually deleted the old one.
- Worked on Oculus Go support. Re-visiting my previous work in this area.
- Finally took the first steps towards building the landing page.
- Posted devlog. Worked on website planning and press kit.
Media posts this week:
If you’re interested in getting updates on the game, especially when it is released, please sign up at www.cavedefender.com 🙏