Cave Defender Devlog – Weeks of August 20 & August 27, 2018
Since January 1st of this year, I’ve been keeping a log of my daily work on Cave Defender. I’m sharing this log on a weekly basis so you can find out how development is going with the game. In the last week I:
- Finished the scene list management tool.
- Started writing an editor script to help swap build scene lists - because Google Cardboard VR build targets require some additional scenes.
- Looked into some refactoring based on warnings I got using Unity in windows (not sure why the same version of Unity on macOS doesn’t have those C# warnings) but no luck so far. Also made a build of iOS, to make sure that still works. Also looked into some editor scripts for loading scenes, because I had an idea of automating taking some screenshots so when I make changes I can regenerate screenshots for a website or something. Reviewed website planning doc.
- More work on Mission 3, added BOB-95 waiting for input, and stubbed out support for the enemy waves.
- More dialog implementation, tested other bay doors opening code.
- Implemented a bunch of mission 3 dialog that I previously wrote. Development was on hold for almost a week due to the passing of our dear Daisy. Hug your loved ones, you never know when it might be the last time 🙁
- Got the doors to open. Was a typical too-tired-to-work problem.
- Did a bunch of work to connect the bay doors to code, they aren’t opening for some reason.
Media posts this week:
If you’re interested in getting updates on the game, especially when it is released, please sign up at www.cavedefender.com.
#cave defender #devlog #game development